When it comes to sending money overseas, affordability and simplicity matter. American Express® FX International Payments makes the process of foreign currency transactions fast and cost effective. Send funds more securely online to multiple countries while relying on convenient online management of your FX payments 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Start making simplier online foreign payments today.
*Pay only £1 per international payment within the first 3 months from the date the first transaction is made. First transaction must be made on or before 31 December 2014 (subject to application and approval).
Choosing an FX international payment partner to help send funds abroad is easier knowing you're protected with multiple layers of advanced security and dedicated on-call support. American Express FX International Payments offers numerous benefits including:
*Offer only valid for new business American Express International Payments accounts.
Offer not applicable on sterling transactions where a £20 flat fee will apply.
£1 Payment for three months Terms and Conditions
The £1 Payments for three months offer is only valid for foreign currency wire and draft transactions performed within the first 3 months from the date the first transaction is made. First transaction must be made on or before 31st December 2014. This offer is only valid for new business American Express International Payments accounts (accounts which have gone through the application process with us and are yet to make their first trade) and are subject to application and approval, full terms and conditions can be found here. Offer not applicable on sterling transactions where a £20 flat fee will apply. This offer is only valid where the originating currency is GBP and the outgoing wire or draft is sent from the United Kingdom only.
Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions in respect of the collection of Membership Rewards points from FX IP Transactions shall apply: 1. One (1) Membership Rewards (MR) point will be awarded for every £20 sent or received within all eligible transactions. MR points will not be earned on any credit card or transaction fees. The maximum number of MR points that can be awarded for each eligible transaction is 5,000 points. No MR points will be awarded for FXIP transactions completed prior to receipt of this registration form.
2. Eligible transactions are classified as all foreign currency wire and draft transactions between the value of £1,000 and £100,000 made by business customers using the FX International Payments (“FX IP”) Service, details at americanexpress.com/uk/content/foreign-exchange/corporate/international-payments.html. Same currency transactions (e.g. GBP to GBP) are not eligible to receive MR points.
3. Where you fund your transaction in a currency other than Pound Sterling (GBP), we will, for the purpose of calculating the number of MR points to award you, calculate the GBP equivalent of the foreign currency.
4. To be eligible to earn MR points, you must first apply for the FX IP Service, be approved to use the service and also submit to us details of a designated eligible American Express Card (“Registered Card”) that is already enrolled in the MR programme (the “MR programme”) to which points will be credited. The Registered Card must be current and enrolled in the MR programme at the time the transaction is initiated and there must be no unpaid FX IP obligations or other violation of or default under the FX IP terms and conditions. To check whether your card is eligible and / or enrolled in the MR programme, please phone our MR Customer Care team on 0845 604 2839 between 7am – 11pm from Monday to Sunday and have your card details to hand when making the phone call. Calls typically cost between 1p and 10.5p per minute from a BT landline. Calls from other networks and mobile phones may be higher.
5. American Express reserves the right to withdraw or suspend the right to earn MR points for FX IP transactions without notice and at any time. American Express also reserves the right to amend these terms (including the rate at which MR points may be earned on eligible FX IP transactions) at any time.
6. If you place an order with us for a transaction to take place on a future date, the terms which apply to the collection of MR points on that transaction (including the number of points awarded per pound spent) will be those in place at the time that the transaction takes place.
7. In the event that the Registered Card is lost, stolen or renewed, you must register the new card by contacting your Account Manager or the Customer Care centre and you will not continue to receive MR points on your FX IP transactions until you do this.
8. Points will be credited to your MR programme account within 12 weeks of a completed eligible transaction. MR points that are awarded for transactions with FX IP are subject to the terms and conditions of the MR programme, including rules regarding forfeiture of MR points. See https://catalogue.membershiprewards.co.uk/aboutTerms.mtw for more information.
American Express Services Europe Limited Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX. Registered in England and Wales with Number 1833139. American Express Services Europe Limited is authorised in the United Kingdom by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2009 (reference number 415532) for the provision of payment services.
Please view the American Express Privacy Statement by clicking here.
Have questions about FX International Payments from American Express? We're available Monday to Friday, 9:00am-5:30pm.
Call 0800 085 3456
"Having a dedicated account manager is also valuable in terms of understanding the company
and how we operate. I would certainly recommend AMEX FX as a preferred provider."
Stephen Williams, Managing Director,
The Antique Wine Company, August 2012
"The system security is excellent and is capable of being tailored very specifically to reflect our Company requirements and individual users authority."
Bruce and Hedda Lyons
Crusader Travel, August 2012
"I used our bank at about £25 per transaction. FXIP costs a fraction of that. It saves us a fortune."
Athag Ltd, August 2012